Richard Stanley Bedlack
1. Investigator-initiated and multi-center clinical trials testing new treatments for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and diabetic neuropathy.
2. Epidemiologic studies to better understand the causes and variability in prognosis of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and diabetic neuropathy.
3. Basic science studies to develop novel biomarkers for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Education and Training
- EMG Fellow, Medicine, Duke University, 1999 - 2000
- Neurology Resident, Medicine, Duke University, 1996 - 1999
- Medical Intern, Medicine, Duke University, 1995 - 1996
- Ph.D., University of Connecticut, 1995
- M.D., University of Connecticut, 1995
Selected Grants and Awards
- A Pilot Trial of Triheptanoin for People with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (PALS)
- ALS Telemedicine
- The Duke ALS Association Certified Center
- Integrated Genomics in Clinical ALS (GTAC)
- Clinical Research in ALS & Related Disorders for Therapeutic Development (CREATE)
- Retigabine and or Ezogabine in ALS
- Neuraltus NP001
- Open Label Cytokinetics (CY4031)
- Tirasemtiv in ALS
- Diaphragm Pacer Study